Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Waiting



Everyone is asleep as I wait for Crystal to get home from work. I am tired and would like to go to bed; and she is an adult (well, 18) and able to take care of herself. But old habits die hard and I just can't go to bed until they are all home safe. She thought she'd work until 10:00 and it is now 11:00. That means there was a game, and the local policemen are sitting around watching the big screen and drinking beer.

The restaurant job has given her a whole new light on food. She won't eat out anymore, and begs us not to go to "her" restaurant, where everything is processed and frozen to be reheated.

I'm proud of her healthy lifestyle and of her goals to become an EMTP. I'm proud of her strength, and I wonder where she got it.

And, now I'm relieved to hear the garage door open, even though her first words in the door are, "I have to work tomorrow."

I can't think of a thing to end this post with, that would tie it in to a gardening blog. LOL!