Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Friday, November 9, 2007

As you all know, Crystal started college this Fall and commutes, so we gave her the "use" of my Explorer. Er....ok. HER Explorer.




The last time I saw it was the 5 minutes it took her to drive in, jump in the shower and out, grab a banana, and take off for study group.

The last time I drove a vehicle of any kind...besides a shopping cart...was.... hm. I don't remember. Until today that is.
Larry bid on a vehicle at work and yesterday we found out he won the bid! It's a Ford Freestyle and has over 70,000 miles, but he got a great deal on it, and it's in great shape, looking almost new. I drove it home today.





Problem is it's a bit different than the Explorer.
Where the gear shift was on the Explorer, the wipers and windshield washer are on the Freestyle.
So, when I tried to back out of the parking space at Gentex, I washed the windows.
When I finally got the vehicle backed up and tried to put it in drive, I washed the windows.
All the way home, I kept bumping the "gear shift" and washing the windows.
Once I nearly went over the center line because I just barely touched the "gear shift" and washed the windows.




That's all true. Don't ever think that I just play the part of a ditz because I think it's funny. I'm a ditz.
Until my brain gets used to a center console gearshift and a right sided "not-a-gearshift, but-a-window-washer" I plan to make Carrie ride shot gun whenever I drive; which means I won't drive much.




But the front windshield will be the cleanest in the county!