Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Storm of The Decade

Last night I talked to my daughter on the phone (she was at study group) and warned her of the terrible storm (The weatherman said "the storm of the decade"!), suggesting she should listen to closings before leaving today for school. I heard her classmate in the background yell, "THANKS MOM!!!" Ha. I woke up today after she had left for school and I would hardly need boots out there!


This is a draggy kind of day for me. I worked too hard yesterday I think - scrubbed down all the cabinet doors and cleaned under the sink. That on top of the day before doing all the soffits and the high up shelf on the dividing wall, has me wanting to just snuggle in with coffee and a warm throw, to read a book! LOL! There's a huge pot of white beans bubbling on the stove. I don't so much like to eat them, but I like hearing them bubble away. I might look up a white chili recipe.




I should probably work on my calendars and address books. Here we are in almost mid February and I haven't put a 2008 calendar in my purse notebook or updated my address book! Maybe I'll do that today.



It's too bad the fireplace is only virtual. We have a real one that was converted from wood to propane, but they refilled our propane tank yesterday (it was still half full but they put in 245 gallons), costing $600.00! I will not burn that in my fireplace! LOL! I wish it had never been converted from wood to propane, but that was Larry's wish. And as long as he wants that I'll be satisfied with it - it isn't like I'm cold!




Oh my!!!


I've been sitting here at the computer in the kitchen typing this, looking out the back window (east) to see this -

- and feeling embarrassed about my storm predictions.


I just now decided to look out front (west).

Well, DUH, Peggy, the storm IS coming in from the west! LOL!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Several hours later -
Finally back online. LOL!
The power went out just as I was finishing the blog post. Four hours later, it came back on. In the meantime, I really did get the address book and my planner updated! By candle light! (Yes it was daytime, but so dark and dim that I needed the candles.)
WZZM says there are 870 local closings today!