Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

3 Hour Tour

Crystal took us on a 3 Hour tour today! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rELOFvy81CI LOL! Well, ok, not a boat tour. A tour of the fire station. I am so TIRED! Just walking around the station climbing in and out of trucks, looking under hoods, and in the unending silver doored compartments, made me want to go back to bed. She knew the station and the equipment like the back of her hand. She showed us her training sheet, and she's done a lot of her required training that she had a year to complete (She hired on in January). So, now we see why she's never home! LOL! She gets these phone messages - "CRYSTAL! TRAINING! NOW! GET HERE!" LOL!
It's hard for me to understand how she can study so much better there, with fire and rescue radios blaring all the time and compressors going off. At home if I drop something, or even sigh real big she can't study. LOL! Maybe I should do this all the time she's studying at home. "chchchchchchhch - Fire and rescue, **** County, Road 56, 3 miles out of ***** Township, grass fire, out of control chchchchchchhch".................. And then add the RAT TAT TA TAT of the compressors. Hm....how would I make THAT noise? I guess I could throw an iron skillet in the washer on spin cycle.
She's so good at what she's doing! I just wish I could give her a few more inches so she could reach the dip stick when it's her job to check the oil! Maybe I should buy her a light weight red step ladder to carry around everywhere, or red stilts!