Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm back!

I'm back from the past!

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/b_index.bsp



Was it a nice Father's Day? Can anyone tell me if I had a nice Anniversary?

LOL!

Actually we really didn't celebrate either, we just ran around selling, buying, and taking down tents and arenas. We crashed Sunday evening and lost Father's Day and our 28th Anniversary - but that's ok. It's over for a year, and by mid June next year I'll get Feast Fever again and dive right in again.

I basically stood in one spot in the sun and sold frofrobridies or tickets or lemonade. Got sick twice with mild heat exhaustion on Saturday. But that night a bad storm blew through, 60 mile winds; smashed the Pirate boat (unfortunately not the pirate), took down some tents, blew a sealed box of books from the museum tent across the field into a reenactor's tent, injured a couple folks with flying iron stakes, ripped a couple tents to shreds. My girls spent part of the night hanging on to tent poles with all their weight while the tent was flapping away around them. But the damage was fairly mild, no severe injuries and the wind was short lived. Sunday was so cool I was glad for all those 18th century layers of clothes. After everything 18th century is washed and put away, I'm still looking for my energy!