Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Computers

My new Emachine is set up completely different than the old XP, and I'm having to basically learn a new language! I miss my XP.
I really liked XP, but then I really liked all the operating systems by the time they were replaced! LOL! I remember (don't make fun of my age!) when my little Windows 3.1 died and I got a Windows 95 and I HATED it! I wanted the old one back. Everytime I get a new one, I want the old one back. The only one I DON'T remember fondly was Larry's first, that you plugged into a tv, and it had to be programmed everytime you wanted it to do something. He had a book of complicated codes that he played with. HM. Wait a minute. I MISS that computer! It was the one he programed for my birthday. I got home from teaching, turned it on and the words to the song scrolled across the screen as a little beeping melody played in time to the words..."Happy Birthday to you...." awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
And the only game that computer had was Pong!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPkUvfL8T1I
I MISS that computer.