Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Packages!!!!

"Brown paper packages tied up with strings,
These are a few of my favorite things!"

Don't worry, I promise I won't break into song....... at least not where you can hear me.

Why? I got two packages today! TWO! Elizabeth Goudge came knocking on my door in the brittle form of a book (God So Loved The World) from 1951, the year I was born. I was 6 months old when the book was published. Happy dance, happy dance!

At the same time, a second box arrived, with the light meter I ordered. Not as inspiring as E. Goudge, but just as de "light" ful. The plants it helps me to grow this year will be at least as inspiring.




Now the conundrum; herbs to put in their pretty deck pots. seeds to start, meter to play with, houseplants to water and feed and talk to..............






or dishes to put away, floors to sweep, sheets to wash........




What will I DO? What WILL I do?????