Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Garden Variety

Mom always said, "You were born backwards and you have gone into everything backwards ever since." She was right. Forward going would have been to start on January 1st, right? Instead I fussed and fidgeted and finally started to blog for earnest only because my picture storage site shut down, and I wanted *some* record of my pictorial past online! A backward reason.

So, now I start just as the summer is stopping, and the leaves are falling. They are falling down, but this week I am "Falling Up". Irene and I used to Fall Up together. It was *your* phrase, Irene, and I have stolen it. I am decorating my house for fall, and thinking of you every step. I want to walk across the quiet street and step right into your front door calling, "Hello, hello, it's just Peg!" and ask you where I should put the stuffed pumpkins.
Um...........

Irene? Where *should* I put the stuffed pumpkins?

hope you, whomever you are, will sit down "with" me for tea,or flavored coffee or spiced cider, and have a garden variety chat. Now and then. I am not so consistant about blogging as I ought to be. I *am* consistant about drinking hot beverage and the coffee/tea is always on the hob. Come on in!