Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Sunday, October 14, 2007

My turn! 10 things about myself & 10 things that I couldn't do without;

10 Things About Myself
1. I was born almost exactly 9 months after my parents were married. I made my mother quit college! LOL!
2. I was born backwards (breech) and mom always said I was a blue baby.
3. My aunt still calls me "little bit", the name she gave me when I was born.
4. The very first horse I ever met was "Target" and I made his owner furious because I got mixed up and kept calling him Gitar!
5. In Elementary School, I had a crush on my cousin Mike because of his white blonde curly hair. So I dumped a double handful of rose petals on him. He was mad.
6. I'm a cross between my mom and my Aunt Pauline. Just giving you fair warning.
7. Until very recently, I thought "misled" was pronounced "myzeld". Really. I have no explanation for this.
8. My first cat was named "Mrs. Beezely". I challenge you to find out where I got that name.
If you already know, you're older than you tell people.
9. I miss my sister.
10. I had a stress test today that was pronounced "perfect" by the doctor. I'm a happy camper.

10 Things I Couldn't Do Without
1. My Bible.
2. Water
3. Air
4. Friends and future friends
5. The sun
6. Evergreen trees
7. Aspirin
8. Reasons.
9. The ability to think
10. Sense of humor.