Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"When hard times come, at times we cannot sing, we cannot pray. It is then that we need the fellowship of believers more than ever. We need the comfort of knowing that others are singing and praying on our behalf, bringing before God the prayers and songs we cannot sing." (Quoted from http://www.reformedworship.org/magazine/article.cfm?article_id=442 .)



My own precious fellowship of believers, today you comforted me with a whole thread dedicated to hugs, wrapped around my name. It means more to me than I can tell.



Here is a "Hug Award" for you all!


Oh. Hm. I s'pose this means I'm an Eyore?