Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Friday, November 30, 2007

Holiday Pictures

Let's start with the last great Thanksgiving pictures of 2007 - two of them, from our Hall family Thanksgiving.

This one is a long shot of the whole group.
Left side of table: Kasey, Sarah, Kathy, Wayne, Jan, Vern, Dave, Karen.

The table end are Jan's step grandchildren.

Starting front right side of table; Kathy's mom and a friend, Dick, Stephanie, Crystal, Jessica. (There are a couple at the far end that I can't see well enough to name...) But if you look close you'll see everyone chewing their food! LOL!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


This is a picture of Matt, in Iraq, as we were trying to set up a visit. It didn't work on his end, but he could see us. We could see him and sometimes hear him.


CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I also wanted to show you our Christmas decorations. Come on in the front door!




******************************
And the foyer...





CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

The living room -










CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Dining room and Kitchen




CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC


Finally, the bedroom - notice the "7th white pillow"?