Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Saturday, December 1, 2007

First Winter Storm







Party Cancelled 12/1/07

Sleet demands with frozen fingers.
We give in to icy whim.
Stay at home! For danger lingers
Black ice roads and frostbite bringers
Winter’s bitter cold harbingers
Light the fire against the grim
.




So, we stayed home and didn't drive to northern Ohio tonight. The two pies and gift bottle of sparkling cider didn't go to Ohio, either. So, guess what we did?

We had the neighbors over. (They only had to slip and slide 100 feet through the woods and over the gravel (you didn't really think I was going to say "over the river"!)

They helped us devour 3/4's of one pie (these are big pies!) and we guzzled almost 3 pots of coffee, and we discussed everything under the....uhhhhhhh.....sleet.

So, I guess we DID have a party after all.

Oh. I neglected to mention that we drank the cider after they left.