Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Monday, December 31, 2007

ROOKIE!

My dd, Crystal, is now an official Fireman!

They hired her this week but she'll be a probational rookie for a year. Still, she gets to drive the truck (after she's learned how), put out the fires and make ambulance runs.
She's in daredevil heaven!
She sits with her radio cradled like a baby that she's impatiently waiting to wake up!
She keeps wishing it to page her. LOL!
So far she's gone on one run - to a chimney fire - and only got to take batteries down to the the guy actually putting out the fire.
She's actually excited about New Year's Eve because she's sure there will be fire or ambulance calls!
I DO NOT KNOW WHERE SHE GOT THAT PERSONALITY. Who is her REAL mama?! Can't be timid couch potato ME! LOL!