Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Friday, April 4, 2008

Asking your pardon, and making an excuse.



I ask your pardon for my behavior today, and offer here my excuse.

I was flashed today by an Indigo Bunting

and I haven't stopped bubbling and bursting with spring-joy yet! LOL!

SPRING! It's here! It's here! The Bunting is proof! And the snow is ALL gone except for tiny little patches on vacant lots under long needle pine trees, miles and miles from my warm, green and bud bursting front yard!

Praise for the Crocus, the Willow, the Forsythia, the store bought Pansies on my back deck!
Praise for the warm breeze, the scent of green and growing!
I feel I shall have to bud and flower, even on these dried up old branches of mine!
Praise for the sap rising! YAY! Breathe deep!
OK. I may be back to normal.
Or I may actually be a wild hare and dancing my crazy hop dance in the middle of the highway in the path of a Mack Truck.
WOO HOO! SPRING!