Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Friday, September 5, 2008

Persiflage

Thought I would blog while our late lunch is cooking. It's a German dish; Hamburgerverwirrung.
That translates "Hamburger Mess".

You figured out that I made it up, right? I had hamburger, onions, green peppers, tomatoes and garlic. I was VERY hungry (it's 2 PM and we ate an early breakfast)! So, I thought we'd just have a mess of hamburger, and looked it up on Babble Fish so I could give it a fancy name.