Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Monday, October 27, 2008

A Basket Case

Our Eek is a real basket case. Maybe she likes them because she was born in a tiny space - a flower pot. But she also seems to like making baskets rattle and squeek as she moves around in them. She has 3 favorites....well, two baskets - a large open one behind the couch which is there for library books, and a smaller one with a lid she likes sitting on; and a cardboard box.
This week the lidded one got put in the closet to hold things needing to be filed. The large open one happens to be full of books right now. The box is gone the way of all empty boxes - to recycle.
I guess she was desperate, because today she found this one. This basket is 11 inches long and less than 4 inches wide......a tighter fit than the flower pot! LOL! But she's claimed it and sits there purring until it tips over with her weight.
Cats! She's a basket case.