Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Monday, November 3, 2008

Acedia

I slept very well last night but today all my energy seems to have been sucked out. I don't even feel like sitting at the computer and might just turn on the electric blanket and heating pad and go back to bed. Boy, I hope this is just a virus.
Carrie says I have "Acedia" which is Latin for putting off what God asks you to do, or not doing it or anything at all. Laziness. Sloth. Literally meaning "absence of caring". Acedia is also deemed to lead to God's wrath.
Hm. Maybe I'll go back to bed and think about that. Boy, I'd much rather it was a little 24 hour virus.

Carrie also said I need to blog again. I'll blog this little bit and then take a nap.