Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Monday, February 16, 2009

This weekend we went to visit friends and came back in the early hours of Monday. These friends are the ones we stayed with exactly 29 years ago - the day Larry asked me to marry him. I will just say that this was the BEST Valentine's Day/Engagement Anniversary ! We had so much fun and laughed so hard and ate so much!
It was wonderful! Now I need a nap! LOL!
Did I say that that Feb 15 (29 years ago) was when he proposed, so early in the morning it was still dark? Or that we were staying at the house of our friends that we visited this trip? I was sleeping on the couch and he came in, woke me up and asked me to marry him. (After I had chased him for....hmmmm....at least a year...)
I said, "Let me think about it." (Yeah, I know, shame on me) He reminds me of that every year on February 15th! ( lol ) Last year, though, he woke me up again and said, "Will you marry me?" LOL!
*************************Just thinking............. on our 50th (golden) proposal anniversary in 2030, I will be 79! He'll hobble as close as he can get, fumble with his false teeth and mumble, "Who are you again, old woman?" And I'll say "Let me think about it, you old geezer!"