Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Update

The neighbor's house has already dried up pretty much, but ours is still oozing all around the base of the walls. Bookshelves are wet but the books are up. No standing water now, but the floors are staying wet all around for several feet. I can hear the water coming through in the SW corner, and the sump pumps are running constantly. Seepage has started oozing through some of the cement block seams. We will have to move everything out, dry out the saveable shelving (that effects less than half the shelfing. At least half is plastic or metal.) We are mostly concerned about mold now.