Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Night Praise

After a hard day today, I slipped out the front door to take a night walk. I made it no further than the driveway, because I looked up.


The stars were breathtaking! The longer I looked, the more I saw. The deeper I looked the closer they came.

The clock in the house behind me began to strike 11:00 and the stars came so close they were nestled among the nightblack oak leaves. They stared at me until they had to blink.

It could have gone on for an eternity, but I looked away first and let them win the staring contest. I had food to put away and dishes to dry.

13 Let them praise the name of the LORD, For His name alone is exalted; His glory is above earth and heaven.