Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009





I should have known better than to listen to "I'll Be Home For Christmas"!

I miss them so much.

We spent every major holiday with either Larry's parents or mine, many times both.

Almost all of my happy memories include them. Well, almost all the sad memories too.

How wonderful it would be if there could be a My Space or Facebook connecting us to our loved ones who've gone before us. I wish I could tell mom...everything. I wish I could sit quietly and listen to daddy telling me what was going on in his mind. Disease is the enemy. It first takes away their abilities to be who they always were, and then it takes them completely. YES, I rejoice that they are free and healed and living what was the true life all along.

But I miss them.