Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Saturday, December 5, 2009

First Big Snow 09

A foot of new snow, and everything outside capped with white frosting. The drive and the road have not been plowed since the snow fell yesterday morning. (We in 4 wheel drive terrain often have to "plow" snow with our vehicle's bumper.) Nothing moves but the little birds and they are as animated as they can be. Watching them, in the livingroom window, Eeek, the old gray cat, in my bedroom on Larry's robe, Lily, a young black and white cat, and in dd's office window, among the window plants, our newest refugee, an "old gold" colored cat we named Buster. Valentino, the white resident"luck dragon" cat guards the door to the garage and naps. He's so long and big boned, he fills up the whole door mat. In the back sliding window, Tucker the dog lies, and he fills up the whole corner. He sighs a lot and watches me like a hawk. Even though I'm typing and NOT eating, he's always sure that I will drop something he can eat! LOL!Others may have a cleaner house, but I have a home. Sigh...happy sigh. Now to do the dishes. LOL!