Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Friday, January 14, 2011

My Color Story


I live my color story. I live on a sand blow, less than 10 miles from Lake Michigan.

I am
The silver lake with diamond sparkles on every ripple and swell
Blue lake - green - grey - shifting - dark and mysterious and then sparkling and then transparent as glass
skin colored sand
driftwood
Sun hot and shimmering but not quite yellow in the silver blue sky
sunrises and sunsets over the placid summer silver gray water
waves that ripple gently against the sand and leave their footprints in the form of waves in the sand
waves that crash white in lacy froth, ruffles and fluff
white fog rolling over silver water
Even in winter it’s beautiful, but it isn’t part of me then. I really have no winter in me at all.