Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Deja Vu

Snow is above my knees outside and pillowed up at least 2 feet on the deck rails and the grill. More coming down as I speak. All churches and many businesses are closed and meetings cancelled. The local phone system is out but our Vonage still works.

I went out and fed the birds and brought in the dog for awhile. He has a wonderful warm insulated igloo but I’m sure his water was frozen, so I’ll keep him in til I get it fixed. He’s a huge sheltie spaniel mix, has always been an outside dog, and inside he takes up the whole house. Wherever he sits down, the room is suddenly all dog! LOL!

Last year this time I posted a blizzard blog, in which I chronicled our cancelled trip to Ohio. So, guess where we are supposed to be this weekend? Yup, Ohio.
The suitcases and stacks of Christmas gifts and party stuff sit near the door, waiting to be put away. I’m sure Tucker (the giant dog) is glad he didn’t have to be kenneled – he hates being there without us.

Crystal is cleaning at the fire station right now, but when she drives that ¾ mile home, and hopefully gets her 4 wheel drive IN the drive, she’ll walk Tucker and fix his water situation. Meanwhile, the white cat has been wandering around, sniffing at the dog, the dog chewy, the birdseed waiting to refill, and is now settled on his pillow, like king of the castle (Yes, I got him a floor pillow and he immediately quit sitting on the table! HEH.)