Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Strangest finds in a storage room declutter

My strangest thing found ME about 10 minutes ago. In fact, it seems to me like it found me this same way when I was decluttering that storage room last year. I THOUGHT I had given it away.
It found me in a very painful way. I was pulling spices and jello packages off of a top shelf, when it fell from that shelf and landed pointy end first on my toe! It still hurts! I may have to apply to dh for hazard pay and take a week or so off cleaning, to rest my toe on a feather pillow, and eat chocolates and read novels, or watch movies.
Any guesses as to what it is?




Give up?

We use to raise goats. We would breed them every year, and then sell the babies as soon as they were old enough, and milk the mamas. For safety they needed to be dehorned, and I bought that tool from Caprine catalog because it could be used for that. I only used it once. Those prongs hold tiny very strong rubberbands, which I stretched over the horns of the little buck we were dehorning. They band goes to the base of the horn and cuts off the blood flow to the horn so that it falls off. Well, only one horn fell off, and it regrew, twice, and we had a 3 horned goat! LOL!
But it is not a horn remover. http://www.enasco.com/product/C00232N
A friend of mine is coming tomorrow to visit and we call her "the goat lady" because she raises a huge herd and sells the milk and the meat. I'm...donating the elastrator. LOL! I guess since it hurt my toe I should call it an Elastoetrator.