Welcome to A Garden Variety Blog!

Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty


I hope you, whomever you are,
will sit down "with" me for tea,
or flavored coffee or spiced cider,
and have a garden variety chat.
Now and then.
I am not so consistant about blogging
as I ought to be.
I *am* consistant about
drinking hot beverage
and the coffee/tea is always on the hob.

Come on in!

Friday, October 30, 2009

Tonight Carrie remembered that the antique store was having "Trick or Treat" for adults, to get them in to shop. Candy, snacks and big discounts. So we decided to go. She had understood that costumes were requested so we complied. Larry wore his work costume. The tee came from Meijer's and the rest are work clothes, including the glasses which are his required safety wear.
I wore a black tee with my autumn vest, and my granny's old sun hat, with rouged cheeks and red lipstick - a true scarecrow! LOLOL! (no pics of me or Carrie)
Carrie wore a black wool coat, and white makeup with white lips and very black lined eyes - and a straw feathered hat.
When we got there, the only people in costume were the dealers! LOLOL!I was embarrassed. But I didn't hide, I just enjoyed the trip. After a while, a little boy came up to me and asked if I could show him the baseball cards that were locked in a case. So bent down next to him and said, "Aw, honey, I'm just a crazy old lady who came shopping in a costume, so I can't open the case for you."